MEXT Japan Undergrad Scholarships: MEXT’s fully-funded Japanese Undergraduate Scholarships 2022-2023 are now open for online applications, giving international students the opportunity to study for free at top-ranked Japanese universities. MEXT Japanese Scholarships do not require IELTS because they accept English proficiency certificates such as TOEFL, PTE, DET, or CAEL.
If you want to apply for MEXT postgraduate scholarships, the good news is that they are now accepting online applications from all international students.
The Japanese Ministry of Education (MOE), Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) is providing scholarships to undergraduate students from around the world to study at one of Japan’s universities of their choice. The following are the specifics of this MEXT undergrad scholarship:
Natural sciences, humanities, and social sciences are permitted fields of study. History, literature, law, politics, Japanese language, sociology, business administration, economics, physics, chemistry, mathematics, electrical engineering, medicine, dentistry, biology, pharmacy, and other subjects are permitted.
All successful applicants will be required to complete a one-year preparatory course in a Japanese institution to study the Japanese language and other prerequisite courses. Students with sufficient Japanese language proficiency may also skip the preparatory course.
Duration of MEXT Undergrad Scholarship:
MEXT bachelor’s degree scholarships for international students will be available beginning in 2022 and will last for five years. This will include a one-year preparatory course as well as four years of bachelor’s studies for the grantees. Students studying dentistry, pharmacy, medicine, and veterinary medicine will be eligible for the scholarship for up to seven years.
Documents for MEXT Undergrad Scholarship Application:
- Recommendation letter from the applicant’s previous school’s principal or a class teacher.
- Certificate of enrollment
- Certificate of Language Proficiency
- Certificate of Hope
- Intention letter (LOI)
- Certificate/s of graduation
- Purpose statement
- Form for a medical or health certificate
- ID card or passport scanned copy
- MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship Application Form
- Preference Form for Direct Placement
- Transcripts for all previous schools or colleges attended
MEXT Undergrad Scholarships Process of Application
This scholarship may be used at the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in the Applicant’s home country. Applicants must go to their Japanese Embassy’s website and look for the MEXT scholarship in the Scholarships section.
- Fill out the application form after downloading it. Check everything you fill out on the application form twice.
- Submit the above-mentioned documents along with the application form.
- The Japanese Embassy will then administer a written test to all applicants.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Following that, the successful applicants will be notified of their selection.
Application Deadline for MEXT Undergrad Scholarships: July 2022
MEXT undergrad Scholarship applications are typically open in April of each year. However, due to the current global situation, the announcement for applications was made a little late. The MEXT Scholarship application deadline is at the discretion of the applicants’ respective embassies.