Get to join the French Army despite the fact that you are a foreigner, as the French Foreign Legion Recruitment is designed to assist foreigners.
The most significant distinction between the French Army and the French Foreign Legion is that the Legion welcomes persons from all countries, not only France.
Don’t worry about whether or not you will be hired since this article will provide you with a healthy guideline to help you through the process without any regrets or blunders.
Information On The French Foreign Legion
The Foreign Legion (French: Légion étrangère) is a corps of the French Army with a separate command and numerous specialties: infantry, cavalry, engineers, and airborne soldiers. It was also established to allow foreign people to join the French Army.
The Recruiting Group promotes voluntary service to the general population in order to furnish the Foreign Legion with the necessary volunteers. This work educates potential applicants and leads to a pre-selection procedure, which is followed by an engagement contract at Aubagne.
Criteria for Enlistment in the French Foreign Legion
- You must be immunized.
- Applicants from the European Union who have the nationality of one of the SCHENGEN nations must have a valid national identity card or passport.
- It is required for candidates who are not from the SCHENGEN region to have a valid passport (only).
- No high school diploma is necessary.
- Know how to read and write in your native tongue at the very least.
- On the day of the presentation, you must be over 17 and a half and under 39 and a half.
- Bring any necessary administrative papers (for example, a residency permit, a photocopy of the family record book, a marriage certificate, a divorce certificate, a birth certificate extract, and so on).
Documents Required for Recruitment into the French Foreign Legion
- License to drive
- Diplomas or proof of education
- Military service documentation (authorization to serve in a foreign army depending on the country)
- For applicants who have served in the French or foreign military, a document demonstrating their current state of identity and services is required.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must provide parental authorization along with their passport application.
- Before the conclusion of the first year of the contract, a birth certificate or extract with filiation will be required.
The French Foreign Legion Recruitment Process
- First and foremost, applications are presently being processed.
- Volunteers must pass the selection process at a recruitment center, which takes around 3-4 weeks.
- They sign a 5-year contract after passing the sports tests, IQ tests, medical exams, and interviews.
- Following that, the chosen volunteers travel to Castelnaudary for four months of basic training, during which they will get the famed “white cap,” the Képi blanc.
- The Green Beret is still the “battle uniform” headwear of the Legion.
- Following basic training, Legionnaires join one of the French Foreign Legion’s 11 regiments.
The French Foreign Legion’s Current Operations
The Foreign Legion’s current operations are as follows:
- Operation BARKHANE in the Sahel region
- Operation DAMAN in Lebanon
- Operation HARPIE in French Guyana
- Operation TITAN in French Guyana
- France – SENTINELLE Operation
- Operation RESILIENCE in France
Summary of the French Foreign Legion Recruitment Form 2022/2023
The webpage of the French Foreign Legion Recruitment 2022/2023 Application Form exists solely to inform candidates about the Recruitment 2022/2023.
Candidates can begin applying for the French Foreign Legion Recruitment 2022/2023 Application Form by visiting the application website.
After applying and being hired, you may now become a recruit and ensure that you are prepared for the work ahead of you.