Chief Financial Officer Jobs US at AMGA (American Medical Group Association): At AMGA (American Medical Group Association®), we are leading healthcare transformation in America because we believe in the power of healthy communities. By collaborating with the top professionals in our field and acting as their voice in the public sphere, we are paving the way for medical groups and integrated care systems to deliver the next level of high-performance healthcare. are
Together, we are more than just an association, we are a community of leaders. AMGA, our members, and our corporate partners form a team dedicated to dramatically improving population health and patient care at lower costs.
More than 175,000 physicians practice at our member organizations, providing care to one in three Americans. Representing many of the nation’s most prestigious integrated systems of care, we have the insight and expertise to truly advance the way patients experience healthcare. The AMGA family consists of several entities that provide value to member medical groups, including the AMGA Foundation (501c3 non-profit) and AMGA Consulting, LLC.
The American Medical Group Association (AMGA) is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO is responsible for all financial operations of AMGA and its subsidiaries. This includes financial reporting, financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, tax compliance, retirement plan compliance, oversight of the overall accounting function, and internal control. In addition, the CFO oversees human resources benefits functions, payroll functions, and building maintenance.
The Chief Financial Officer reports directly to the President and CEO and is a key member of the senior leadership team. The CFO provides management leadership for all financial and fiduciary responsibilities to the executive team and the AMGA Board. The CFO is a strategic partner and demonstrates a commitment to the organization’s mission and vision. This position is also responsible for the leadership and management of the Finance Department. This position is primarily office based but some hybrid work may be considered.
Financial reporting for AMGA, AMGA Foundation, and AMGA Consulting, LLC includes:
• Monthly and year-end financial statements
• Financial projections.
• Compare monthly actuals and budgets
• Annual audited financial statements
• Reporting to appropriate treasurers and boards for all entities.
Cash flow reporting such as lower cash balances or timing of investments.
Attendance at board meetings for the presentation of financial statements and other financial data Preparation of material for a board book.
Accounting records at the end of the month include all components of the accounting system, including:
• General Ledger
• Accounts receivable
• Accounts Payable
• Deferred income
• Fixed assets
• All other schedules required to assist in financial audit and monitoring
All federal and state tax reporting for the above companies including:
• Federal and state tax forms including Forms 990, 990-T, 1065, etc.
• Financial and tax planning including monthly financial performance monitoring and forecasting against budget.
• Maintenance of tax reporting system for unrelated business income tax and tax compliance monitoring for various non-UBIT issues such as non-deductibility of liabilities attributable to lobbying activities.
• State sales tax compliance
• Supervision of state registration of the charitable organization
Overseeing specific aspects of the human resources function including:
• Payroll and payroll filing, including all federal and state filing requirements
• Benefit plan features and selection of providers, oversight of benefits administration, and payroll deductions
• Retirement plan compliance, determination of employee eligibility, periodic plan contributions for employee prevention and quarterly retirement contributions, completion of annual census and coordination of annual requirements with the retirement plan administration company, annual tax return forms 5500 reviews and filing.
• Deferred compensation plan administration for executive-level personnel including compliance with annual elections, determination of vesting provisions, annual contributions, and payouts.
• Calculation of vacation and sick leave balance and payment of vacation leave at the end of the year if applicable
• Salary increase and new hire salaries.
• Periodic review of the employee handbook
Monitoring and establishing internal controls and procedures
Coordination and preparation of annual budgets for the above-mentioned companies, including:
• Financial budget
• Cash flow as needed
• Capital budgeting
• Supervision of facilities and building maintenance company
• Responsible for security systems, coding employees for access, responding to security notifications, etc.
• Employee parking for both onsite and offsite spaces
• Preparation of the annual building operations budget
• Overseeing cash management and maintenance of banking relationships.
• Contract review and negotiation and liaison with the law firm
• Overseeing the AMGA loan and investment portfolio. Annual Performance Report to the Board
• Continued growth of automated accounting systems including Quickbooks and Nimble (Salesforce-based AMS) as it relates to accounting functions.
• Performance of special project work such as economic modeling for the membership task force, review, and analysis of various vendor proposals for value-added service programs;
• Tracking receipts and non-payment of membership and industry partner dues
• Track charitable donations, research grants, program sponsorships, and other sources of funding
AMGA offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision plans and a 401(k) retirement plan, paid vacation, and generous paid time off. AMGA’s headquarters office is located in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia.
• Bachelor’s degree with accounting focus required.
• 8-10 years of experience in non-profit accounting, and/or auditing; Of which at least 5-7 years should be in a managerial capacity. Public accounting firm experience with a focus on a non-profit client is preferred.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) for non-profit organizations including trade associations, charitable organizations, single audits, federal indirect rate procedures
• Must have specific, demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas: nonprofit tax, contract and grant accounting, and indirect rate administration.
• Proficiency with Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required.
QuickBooks (or existing accounting package) – preferred
• Knowledge of Salesforce (Nimble AMS) or similar CRM software is preferred.
• Highly developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; And
• Ability to interface in a professional manner with staff, BODs, and external relations
• Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize, strong work ethic, ability to communicate clearly
About AMGA (American Medical Group Association)
AMGA is the trade association leading healthcare transformation in America. Representing multispecialty medical groups and integrated care systems, we advocate, educate and empower our members to deliver the next level of high-performance healthcare. AMGA is a national voice that promotes awareness of our members’ recognized excellence in delivering integrated, high-quality, high-value care. More than 170,000 physicians practice at our member organizations, providing care to one in three Americans. For more information